Analytes/procedures in bold
type are regulated for proficiency testing by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- This program will challenge the laboratory to accurately identify the presence or absence
of alleles associated with a variety of disease states (listed below) and/or the adverse
reactions to specific drugs.
- Carbamazepine induced Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Allopurinol Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Hypersensitivity to abacavir
- Dapsone hypersensitivity
- Three 0.1‑mL specimens, each containing 200 µg/mL of human DNA in media
Shipment A: April 12
Shipment B: August 23