type are regulated for proficiency testing by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
This program does not meet regulatory requirements for proficiency testing; see Survey JAT.
Quality Cross Check is a convenient solution to monitor instrument performance and assess comparability across multiple instruments in your laboratory and to identify potential issues before they affect patient results. These programs are designed to complement your existing proficiency testing (PT) and maintain compliance with the CMS directive regarding PT on multiple instruments.
How It Works:
- Receive three challenges in each of two mailings a year.
- Report up to three instruments for each challenge.
- Receive a custom report package that includes peer group comparison and instrument comparability statistics for each reported analyte.
- Three 6.0-mL 13-17% whole blood specimens
- May be used with automated and manual procedures