For laboratories considering implementation of an ISO 15189 program, this course summarizes each of the main clauses of the ISO standard, clarifying the intent of the clause and the key requirements.
See video recordings of the CAP’s ISO 15189 assessors who offer context and examples of how technical problems relate to more fundamental deficiencies in the quality management system.
As a result of completing this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the intent and key requirements of each of the main sections of the ISO 15189 standard.
- Identify the benefits of a complete quality management system (QMS) for the laboratory.
- Recognize links between technical problems and more fundamental deficiencies in the quality management system.
Laboratory quality managers, medical and administrative directors, and executive decision makers who are considering implementing the ISO 15189 program in their laboratories
Duration: 2 hours
Availability: January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2024
- After purchase, there is one year to log in / register into this activity.
- To ensure you receive continuing education (CE) credit, the activity must be completed and credits claimed by the posted activity expiration date.
- More than one year after the purchase date, participants will no longer be able to register.
- Delivered online via interface that allows participants to learn at their own pace.
- Device-responsive – learners can access the courses with device-responsive software that works for smart phones, tablets, or laptops.
- Individual learners can use their own login and will have their own bookmarking when they leave and return to the course.
Sample Course Content (PDF)